market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] planter for sweet corn

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Mark Weinheimer <mrw601 AT gmail.com>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] planter for sweet corn
  • Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2009 15:32:55 -0500

I have used old McCormick Deering planters, both the horse drawn type and the trailed cam lift type.  They plant well with good plates. Plates are available for them from Lincoln Ag Products, including blank plates for squash and pumpkins at reasonable cost.  I am now using an old Ford 309 3 pt hitch planter.  It plants corn beans and peas ok, but blank plates aren't available and the few that are from NH are very expensive.

--
Mark Weinheimer
Farm Manager