market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] market scales

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Marie Kamphefner" <kampy AT grm.net>
  • To: "'Market Farming'" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] market scales
  • Date: Sun, 27 Apr 2008 19:49:48 -0500

Thank you Mark,

Here in Missouri, the state people come around and check the scale for free
and put a sticker on. At the same time, the fellow renews our egg license,
which costs us. I am pretty sure the scales check is free. At the markets
where we sell, we have to use a Class III scales. Last year, our batteries
went dead and we started selling by the bunch and you would have thought we
were killing people at our booth! The guy next to us threatened to tell on
us! I asked the market master what to do and she said not to worry; the
inspector had already been there and gone. I can feel my blood pressure
going up as I type this, just remembering it.

Marie in Missouri

TxBeeFarmer (Mark)
West Texas Zone 7b