market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] farmers' market forms

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "breck" <bcarden AT breckinridgegroup.com>
  • To: "'Market Farming'" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] farmers' market forms
  • Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2008 10:17:14 -0400

Alison,
You always have a way of expressing yourself that says what I'm thinking.
The couple of markets I have participated in have allowed vendors to
supplement their tables with a certain percentage of produce purchased from
other local farmers. This is a joke for those few liars. We work to hard to
grow quality produce to allow the unscrupulous to go to the produce terminal
and buy California veggies and pawn them off as locally grown. I wished that
all farmers markets would make their credo "You grow it, you can sell it".
Breck