market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Mulch layers and Bed Shapers?

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Sean Albiston" <lab AT physics.umn.edu>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Mulch layers and Bed Shapers?
  • Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2008 20:30:18 -0600 (CST)

Jason

I have a buckeye tractor Strawberry Special disk bedder that I no longer
use. I would part with it for a pittance of the cost of a new one. It
worked well for making raised beds, a little big for my little Kubota
B2910. I used it for a while with a bigger tractor, but now use an Imants
rotary spade/tiller which I love.

The implement can be seen at: http://www.buctraco.com/Model2361-H.htm It
made nice beds and works well for hilling single rows of potatoes.

sean albiston
Stillwater, MN

> just to make a raised bed. I knew of a person in North Carolina that
used
> a tobacco bedder to make raised beds. It worked great, but there aren't
many of these in the midwest. Anyone have suggestions for alternatives