market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Pre-emergents

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Robert Schuler <sunnfarm AT verizon.net>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Pre-emergents
  • Date: Sat, 02 Feb 2008 11:30:25 -0600 (CST)

I use both but in the long run Sandea is cheaper. It all depends on the weeds
your after. Around here Dacthal is used to control certain locally
troublesome weeds that other chemicals are weak on.
Sandea is $388 for 10 oz but can cover 10 and up to 20 acres and your only
applying 28 thousanths AI of an ounce of chemical in the soil. Dacthal costs
$15 a pound but you need to apply 8-12 pounds an acre. So your cost is many
times greater than Sandea. Dacthal is easy to apply. Usually right over the
transplanted plants without harming the vegetable plant, and you have a 50%
margin of error if your calibration is off. With Sandea there is no margin of
error... Bob
Sunny Meadow Farm
Bridgeton, NJ.