market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] peanuts

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "David Inglis" <mhcsa AT verizon.net>
  • To: "'Market Farming'" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] peanuts
  • Date: Sat, 02 Feb 2008 12:07:08 -0500

Thanks. I’ll try it.

david

-----Original Message-----
From:
market-farming-bounces AT lists.ibiblio.org [mailto:market-farming-bounces AT lists.ibiblio.org] On Behalf Of Road's End Farm
Sent:
Friday, February 01, 2008 10:10 PM
To:
Market Farming

I grew ginger in a pot, for a while, as a more-or-less house plant (out on the porch all summer).

Every once in a while the top would die down; then it would grow back. I have no idea whether this is normal for ginger. I used to harvest some of the root at the died-down stage.

Eventually I lost it; but, while I can't remember for sure, I think it may have died from a bad case of kittens in the house that year.

-- Rivka; Finger Lakes NY, Zone 5 mostly (who still has those kittens, several years older and somewhat better behaved)