market-farming - [Market-farming] Transplanting Wild Raspberry

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Richard Stewart <rstewart AT zoomtown.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Transplanting Wild Raspberry
  • Date: Sat, 5 Jan 2008 14:57:41 -0500

Every year I harvest about a hundred pounds of wild black raspberries around our farm. Last year wasn't the best because of drought and because of the drought increased bird and animal consumption of the berries.

This year I was thinking about digging some up and transplanting them to a more manageable area. Having never transplanted or grown my own raspberries, does anyone know a smart way of doing this. I am doing a google search on it right now, but figured I'd throw out the question. I'm unsure of the difference between wild and domesticated varieties. SHould I cut them back then dig out the whole cluster or do the propagate when divided?

Thanks!

Richard Stewart
rstewart AT zoomtown.com