market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Selling Live plants at a Farm Market

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "courtney mcleod" <sunmoonriver AT windstream.net>
  • To: "'Market Farming'" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Selling Live plants at a Farm Market
  • Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2008 12:10:25 -0500

I sell all kinds of plants at the farmer's markets. The only plugs I do are
petunias and any herbs like tarragon or lemon thyme and things of that
nature that I can not find the seed for. But I don't do those herbs every
year as plugs. I sell 130 varieties of heirloom tomatoes, 45 kinds of sweet
and hot peppers, all veggie bedding plants, basic herbs and some flowers. I
run out of room usually for those though.

I transplant toms into 16 oz styrofoam cups and they go into 4" or 3"
holders...holds 24 in each. Peppers are in 3packs and get hauled of course
in flats, and same goes for the rest now that I am thinking about it.

Courtney
Herb Thyme
Middlefield, Oh