market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Selling Live plants at a Farm Market

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Andrew R. King" <andrew.king2 AT worldnet.att.net>
  • To: "'Market Farming'" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Selling Live plants at a Farm Market
  • Date: Sat, 5 Jan 2008 09:09:08 -0500

-----Original Message-----
Kate
Rocky Prairie Herb Gardens
WA Zone 7
wrote
Used a half-ton PU with canopy for years. Putting a shelf in helped double
the amount of flats I could get to fit. Moving to a 1-ton this year, can't
imagine what I'll do with all the room. Probably haul more plants that I'll
haul back home. Never expect to sell even close to everything you bring. A
good day is when the truck goes home half empty. But you have to give folks
a bunch to pick through or they don't feel like they have a choice. Sigh.

Kate

Could you give us an estimate of how many plants you take in your truck?

Andy King
Sunflower King's Farm
PA Zone 6