market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] High Value Crops was CSA start-up

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Wiediger, Alison" <alison.wiediger AT hart.kyschools.us>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] High Value Crops was CSA start-up
  • Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2007 12:25:36 -0600

Hello Allan,

Spinach - which we sell like our mesclun at mesclun prices, tomatoes -
especially mixed cherry varieties and early slicers from the tunnels,
summer squash - planted every four weeks and of top notch quality,
gourmet quality potatoes that we can charge a higher price for,
flowers,flowers,flowers. And, I must say, we have spent many years
selling only the best quality, building customer base. We see many
vendors selling at lower prices at our market, but our quality keeps
bringing folks back to our booth. We NEVER lowered our price on
tomatoes this year, and at times were getting double the price of some
others and selling out. It does take time and effort to build that
customer base, but it is worth it to us.

Alison Wiediger, Au Naturel Farm