market-farming - [Market-farming] High Value CRops was CSA start-up

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Allan Balliett <aballiett AT frontiernet.net>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] High Value CRops was CSA start-up
  • Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2007 13:18:50 -0500

Alison (and everyone)

I'd like to hear more about "high value crops." You mentioned mesclun, which works for us, and lettuce, which most definitely doesn't. (Even though our heads are heirloom and beautiful)

What else do you find works in your area?

For us, at the local market, green beans and strawberries made the season.

I'd like to hear about things that are 'easier' and more lucrative!

-Allan