market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Sales

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Willie McKemie <mf AT austinfarm.org>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Sales
  • Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2007 21:51:02 -0500

On Sat, Aug 18, 2007 at 01:47:49AM +0000, cjmaness AT juno.com wrote:
> We looked at our records for the last 5 years, and have tried to increase
> sales for those months that weren't so great. But, August has us stumped.
> What will grow in this heat?? Nothing but the Johnson grass!

Okra, peas, longbeans, watermelon, cantaloupe, arugula, oriental
eggplant, small tomatoes. I have some Tatume that is on the verge
of producing and looks promising. Peppers of all sorts continue to
produce some, perhaps 10% of "normal"; they should pick up when we
get some cooler weather.

--
Willie, ONWARD! Through the fog!
Debian3.1/GNU/Linux system uptime 74 days 22 hours 11 minutes