market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Sales

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Beth Spaugh" <lists AT rhomestead.com>
  • To: "'Market Farming'" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Sales
  • Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2007 21:58:37 -0400

Market season seems to be very locally dependent. I do two markets. One
market is in a summer home area and peaks late July through mid-August. We
usually go through mid-october and have loyal customers, but maybe 1/4 as
many as in summer. We are experimenting this year with moving the market
inside after Columbus Day and going through Christmas, changing to
afternooon/early evening hours. We hope to attract more year-round residents
and hope they will then become summer customers also. In the other town, 1
1/2 growing zones warmer, folks have gardens and tend to go off on vacation
in July and August. This market is highest in June and September into early
October.

Beth Spaugh
Rehoboth Homestead
Peru NY