market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Sales

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Lynn Wigglesworth" <lynnw1366 AT hotmail.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Sales
  • Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2007 10:02:11 -0400

My best sales have been in the early fall (Sept-early Oct.). We have a lot
of tourists here for
the fall leaf display. In addition to veggies, I sell pasture-raised beef,
and fall is when people think about filling up the freezer. I've also
usually had a lot of pumpkins and winter squash, but the squash bugs and
some kind of virus have wiped them out for 2 years now.

Lynn Wigglesworth
Peasant Farmer
Tioga County, PA