market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Sales

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Wiediger, Alison" <alison.wiediger AT hart.kyschools.us>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Sales
  • Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2007 07:00:21 -0500

We find that when school starts - the first or second week in August here.
depending on the system - sales drop dramatically and never recover. We
think it's because there are so many more Saturday activities, so there isn't
time for Farmers' Market visits, but don't really know. After many years of
watching it happen, we do adjust our planting to match our expected lower
sales.

Alison Wiediger, Network Admin
Hart County Schools