market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Sales

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Lucy Goodman <goodows AT infinet.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Sales
  • Date: Sat, 18 Aug 2007 07:42:41 -0400

Same here, but I sell in a college own and August is always slow. Last week sales were way up and as I watch the thousands of students (and faculty) driving by my farm on their way to Miami U I know increasing will likely be the trend for the next 8 weeks because the population in his area is back from summer vacation.

Lucy
Boulder Belt Eco-Farm
Eaton, OH
http://www.boulderbeltfarm.com

Andrew R. King wrote:

Since the beginning of august, sales and the number of customers have off greatly at the farmer’s markets in my area. Do you think the drop off is seasonal or because of the economy? Any ideas?

Andy King

Sunflower King's Farm

Zone 6 PA