market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Farmers' Market Question

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Sue Wells" <farmersue AT hughes.net>
  • To: "'Market Farming'" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Farmers' Market Question
  • Date: Sat, 20 May 2006 21:33:51 -0400

I think it is up to the individual vendor.
Last year, I was warned by a lady that the health dept was not going to let
me sell my herb bread, when she had come around to see what all we had. This
was not at a Farmers Market, but at another event, and a few of us from the
Farmers Market were selling there and were advertised as such. My pickles
and jellies were ignored. Eventually, the Health Dept man came by and asked
me many questions. I was abiding by the law as I had known I was. We don't
need anything special here, but only can make a certain amount each week of
baked goods.
As far as the certified scales, we are waiting at the Farmers Market for a
Someone from the Agri Dept to come and certify all of our scales. They
didn't make it around last year.

And anyone that needs rain, please come get our extra!!! We have had rain
for many days and flooding in many areas. Maybe Tuesday it is supposed to
stop raining here. I do hope the flea beetles will drown!!

Sue Wells from Vermont