market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] One person EZ-UP method?

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Willie McKemie <mf AT austinfarm.org>
  • To: Barb Miller <barbmill2 AT verizon.net>, Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] One person EZ-UP method?
  • Date: Thu, 18 May 2006 14:17:39 -0500

On Thu, May 18, 2006 at 02:04:41PM -0100, Barb Miller wrote:
> Hi Guys,
> Here's a really stupid question for you ~ I just put up my ez-up for the
> first time today and it doesn't really seem like a one-person job. Does
> anyone set one of these up by themselves? If so, are there little tricks
> to it...like does it help to stake the feet to the ground before raising
> the canopy? Etc...

It's not especially easy, but here is how I do it:
Lift one corner, leaving the rest of the weight on the diagonally
opposite corner, and walk backward while helping the lower sliding
thingy rise to it's needed position. When you go as far as you can
that way, go around the tent to each corner, pulling back and lifting
the sliding thingies until you get one to latch. After you get one
latched, the rest should be easy. Please excuse the technical jargon.

We always set up on pavement, so staking is not an option.

--
Willie, ONWARD! Through the fog!
Debian3.0/GNU/Linux system uptime 60 days 21 hours 13 minutes