market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Farmers' Market Question

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: <ghfarm AT sbcglobal.net>
  • To: "'Market Farming'" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Farmers' Market Question
  • Date: Sun, 21 May 2006 18:53:50 -0500

Lynn,

I being the chair of our local farmers market have similar requirements,
meaning that the vendor/producer has to attest on their vendor
application/profile form that they are incompliance with all applicable regs
concerning and dealing with their operation. By having the vendor sign a
statement to that on the form, it was explained to our board that the market
would not be liable. However, if the vendor is asked to prove that they are
in compliance and can not, they are not allowed to sell.

Plain and simple, rules are made for all, letting one escape from compliance
is asking for trouble.

Ron