market-farming - [Market-farming] HELP! Poly Repair

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Shelly Elliott" <shelly AT idlethyme.com>
  • To: "'Market Farming'" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] HELP! Poly Repair
  • Date: Sat, 8 Apr 2006 14:24:31 -0600

This is a repeat of a email I put on the Hightunnels listserve but I thought maybe there were some folks in here that were not on that list.
Argh! These storms. I suppose I am lucky because the tornadoes in the south
have been devastating. We had a blizzard kick up the day before yesterday
and the wind came out of a weird direction. There was an entire night of
sleet driven by 60+ mph winds. The wind also picked up some gravel and
pummeled my high tunnel. Consequently, there is about a 20' long section
from the ground to about 6' high that has tons of little holes and tears. I
have poly repair tape but that would take forever. Have any of you ever
taken a section of new poly and patched right over a bad section using poly
repair tape to hold it on. There is currently only one layer of poly on the
tunnel and it is not inflated. The plastic is 2 years old and I want to try
to get one more season out of it. Please let me know your experience with
poly repair. Thanks in advance.
Shelly Elliott
Idle Thyme Farm
Carpenter, WY