market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Climbing Beans

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: BluebonnetHillMiniaturesRanch AT webtv.net (Elizabeth B.)
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Climbing Beans
  • Date: Sun, 9 Apr 2006 21:14:58 -0500

I run mine 100 to 150 ft lengths and I've recylced 4x4 fence posts,
T-posts and 4, 6 and 8 inch diameter branches and logs that were fallen
or broken. For the "wire," I recycle old field fencing and cattle
panels, just cut the length with a minimum of 2 squares wide and staple
(nail) them up. I've also used wire wrapping it around your beginning
post and stringing it along with staples as you go. When my daughter was
in High School, the PE Dept was tossing the old nylon volleyball and
tennis court nets, so my daughter brought these home and they lasted 4
seasons with everything growing on them.

Depending upon the time of year, you can grow Basil, Borage, Carrots,
Chinese Cabbage, Collards, Lettuce, Marigold, Radishes and Strawberries
right underneath the beans, in the same row.

Elizabeth