market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] market tables

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: sora AT coldreams.com
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] market tables
  • Date: Sat, 8 Apr 2006 13:09:35 -0700 (PDT)

> I'd like to thank you all, too! I'm doing Farmer's Markets for the first
> time this year, after two years of having an on-farm stand. What do you
> all use for tables? I have to set up by myself, so I need something
> lightweight or in pieces I can set up quickly. Do you make your own or use
> commercial fold-up tables? As usual, I can't afford to spend much.

I've been using "Lifetime" folding fiberglass tables that I picked up at
Costco for about $25 @. I've also seen them on sale at Staples. They're
light weight and virtually indestructable. After I found them, our whole
market now swears by them.
First time I set up my shelter at market...I tied the back to the roof
rack and didn't think about the front. A huge gust came through and
flipped the whole thing up-side-down on top of my truck! It took 4 of us
to pull it back down. Always wished I'd had a photo.....

  • Re: [Market-farming] market tables, sora, 04/08/2006