market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Greenhouse Cucumbers

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Allan Balliett <igg AT igg.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Greenhouse Cucumbers
  • Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2006 09:12:45 -0500

Just as well ask this, while 'we're' at it: how many weeks do you plan to pick a planting of cucumbers? I swear that 10 years ago we used to pick a planting for weeks but, this year, I'm probably going to go to a 2-week sequence. (I've been doing mostly DIVA)

I try to have 'ridge pole high' Divas on the North wall of our 40x96 hoop house by the first share delivery in the first week of June. Last year, we had the vines, ok, but no real fruit until later in the summer. I did get more than two weeks off from the initial planting.

What about you?

-Allan
West Virginia, zone 7