market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Greenhouse Cucumbers

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Wiediger, Alison" <awiediger AT HART.k12.ky.us>
  • To: 'Market Farming' <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Greenhouse Cucumbers
  • Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2006 08:05:15 -0600

Actually, these DO climb in the HT and we use cattle panels for that, but,
we only need them for a short harvest period - 4-6 weeks before and after
our outdoor production and a long vine cuke requiring a hefty amount of
trellising infrastructure would take more labor than this relatively minor
crop rates IN OUR MARKET. Markets and crops differ from farm to farm. It
gives us cukes in early May and in November which we really appreciate.