market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] carrot germination

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Marie Kamphefner" <kampy AT grm.net>
  • To: <sunnfarm AT bellatlantic.net>, "'Market Farming'" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] carrot germination
  • Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2005 16:36:57 -0500

Regards to the list:

One year in August, I planted carrot seeds in 6 packs, watered them good,
covered them with clear plastic and left them in the basement where there
wasn't much light. I took off the plastic when they came up and put them
out in the hoop house with the sides rolled up. When the carrots were about
an inch tall, I transplanted them into the garden. As they grew, I thinned
them, using the thinnings in salads. Those carrots were fantastic and we
ate them up. I can't remember what month it was when they reached maturity.

Marie in Missouri