market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Tomatillos

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Lynn Wigglesworth" <lynnw1366 AT hotmail.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Tomatillos
  • Date: Sat, 27 Aug 2005 20:29:30 -0400

From: "Pat Meadows" <pat AT meadows.pair.com>
> >Can it be that I'm treating them too well? They are related to weeds
> >after all, so maybe I need to be a little more "tough love" with them??
> >

> I think this is possible. I've pretty much ignored mine
> this year (except watering), and we have lots of large
> tomatillos.

Pat; the ones you gave me look beautiful and have pretty husks, but, like
Juanita, there
is nothing inside the husks except little green 'buttons'...they aren't
filling out. Is it too early? Are yours filled out? I've treated them
exactly like my tomatoes, and , as I said, the plants look good. I've
never grown them before, so I don't know what to expect.

Lynn Wigglesworth
Cowbridge Farm