market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Tomatillos

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Pat Meadows <pat AT meadows.pair.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Tomatillos
  • Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2005 18:24:05 -0400

On Thu, 25 Aug 2005 16:40:15 -0500, you wrote:

>Can it be that I'm treating them too well? They are related to weeds
>after all, so maybe I need to be a little more "tough love" with them??

I think this is possible. I've pretty much ignored mine
this year (except watering), and we have lots of large
tomatillos.

Also, I find they grow better in containers. I don't know
why, but this seems to be true. I don't know if it would be
true in a really hot place (we aren't in a really hot
place).

Pat
-- northern Pennsylvania