market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Why Organic Seed

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Pat Meadows <pat AT meadows.pair.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Why Organic Seed
  • Date: Sat, 06 Aug 2005 11:59:30 -0400

On Sat, 06 Aug 2005 09:25:14 -0500, you wrote:

>Thanks. I didn't realize the microbe info but it makes sense.
>
>I pretty much accept all these advantages. If a person asks if the food from
>non organic seed produces safer food, what is the response?

Why should non-organic seed produce safer food? I just
can't think of any conceivable reason why this should be so.

I can't think of any particular reason why organic seed
should produce safer food either. I think the main
advantage of organic seed is the environmental effect:
organic seed producers aren't spraying heavy chemicals all
over the place.

Pat

-- northern Pennsylvania