market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Japanese beetles... wow!

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Allan Balliett <igg AT igg.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Japanese beetles... wow!
  • Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2005 04:53:49 -0400

Does anybody have experience with a truly
effective knock down for organic growers?

Steve - We've been very happy with the results of bringing in the sex lure bags AFTER an infestation occurs. You've just got to have someone who has the time to change the bags for a couple of days! We cleared two 100ft beds of edemame of beetles from stripping populations to acceptable populations in about two days, saving the crops and delighting the chickens, who got the sun-killed beetles the next day.

No luck ever finding something we could spray on the plants that would also kill japanese beetles.

Good luck! -Allan