market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] the best bed shaper

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Willie McKemie <mf AT austinfarm.org>
  • To: sunnfarm AT bellatlantic.net, Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] the best bed shaper
  • Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2005 04:35:29 -0600

On Tue, Feb 22, 2005 at 09:43:21AM -0500, robert schuler wrote:
> If you go to Market Farm Implements web page look up bed shapers and click
> on
> the Lesche Bedder. I can tell you absolutely positively and beyond a shadow
> of
> doubt that this bedder which needs only a few HP to pull will be just right
> for
> running seeders like the planet jr. There are hundreds of these bedders in
> use
> in my county, just about everyone who direct seeds on beds uses them.

http://www.marketfarm.com/cfms/lesche_bed_shaper.cfm

At $1600, more than I want to get into right now. Gracias. The photo
is not very revealing as to operation. Looks like two gangs of tiny
disks pulverize the surface? Do the tiny disk gangs compact also? The
bed is thrown up by only the two leading discs? My disk bedders throw
up about 12" beds (only 18"-30" wide and very non-uniform). My intended
shaper should knock them down to about 8" and uniform width of about
30". Photos later today.

--
Willie, ONWARD! Through the fog!
Linux system uptime 240 days 17 hours 27 minutes