market-farming - RE: [Market-farming] bed shapers

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "David Inglis" <mhcsa AT bcn.net>
  • To: "'Market Farming'" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [Market-farming] bed shapers
  • Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2005 19:39:37 -0500

I have seen a roller that worked very well that was made from a piece of
heavy pipe of 12" to 15" diameter and the width of the bed top. On each
end of the pipe there was a disc [as in disc harrow] with the concave
part pointed towards the center of the bed. Each disc was some 8"
greater diameter than the pipe. This created a beautiful edge to the
bed. The discs had an axle passing through them and the roller was
attached to the implement [a Yeoman subsoiling plow ] from the axle.
I have always intended fabricating one to follow my Yeoman and spade
plow but have not got around to it yet.

David Inglis
Mahaiwe Harvest C.S.A.