market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] the best bed shaper

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: robert schuler <sunnfarm AT bellatlantic.net>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] the best bed shaper
  • Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2005 09:43:21 -0500

If you go to Market Farm Implements web page look up bed shapers and click on
the Lesche Bedder. I can tell you absolutely positively and beyond a shadow of
doubt that this bedder which needs only a few HP to pull will be just right
for
running seeders like the planet jr. There are hundreds of these bedders in use
in my county, just about everyone who direct seeds on beds uses them.

BTW the iron pipe used as a drag leveler is a good idea, most folks around
here
pull them behind disc harrows to level ground before drilling grain. 6" round
well pipe does a good job. I had tried 6" I-beam and its doesn't work well..
Bob.
Sunny Meadow Farm
Bridgeton , NJ.