market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] pie pumpkins

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Pat Meadows <pat AT meadows.pair.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] pie pumpkins
  • Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2004 09:28:40 -0400

On Thu, 23 Sep 2004 20:38:45 -0600, you wrote:

>PAT If you decide to grow one of the smaller winter squash & are short of
>room you can always grow it up a fence or trellis. Some varieties you might
>have to support the fruit but with acorn or butter nut it shouldn't bre
>neccessary.

Thanks, I may have to. Growing it out over the lawn is
another possibility and would eliminate some grass-cutting -
always an admirable goal.

I wouldn't be worried that it would kill the grass
permanently: grass grows like crazy here (northern PA) and
you don't have to baby it or do anything to it except cut it
and cut it and cut it and cut it - our grass STILL needs
cutting and it's almost October! (We've had a very wet
year, to say the least.)

Pat
--
Coming soon: www.containerseeds.com - vegetable, herb,
and edible flower seeds especially selected for successful