market-farming - [Market-farming] Frost

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Jean Lundquist" <gardener AT hickorytech.net>
  • To: <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Frost
  • Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2004 19:23:47 -0500

Last Friday night/Saturday morning, frost hit a lot of southern Minnesota.
I arrived at the Market at 7 am to set up, all jolly that what looked like
frost on my windshield was still liquid. But many of the other venders at
the market that morning were almost in tears about their frost. None had
time to assess the damage yet, but at least one was wiped out by a very hard
frost.

Makes me think I should get some goats rather than run that lawnmower any
more, and contributing to climate change (once known as "global warming")

The few of us who have tomatoes and peppers are getting a premium price for
them.. but it has been a grand summer for broccoli :)

Jean in Minnesota