market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] EGG PLANT

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Allan Balliett <igg AT igg.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] EGG PLANT
  • Date: Sun, 22 Aug 2004 21:08:17 -0400

well, if nothing else, I've learned how to spell 'EGGPLANT' today!

What do you make of this, Leigh? Should I have gone to construciton plastic row covers? (10-to-1 this would bring on fungus in egg plant. The plants in the hoophouse, of course, have done fairly well (NEON), but not great, by any means. The strangest thing for me is that our greatest productivity with eggplant was about a month ago. They are REALLY slow now. I guess, however, that overall it is cooler.

HOW COOL LAST NIGHT FOR YOU, LEIGH? FOR US, I HEAR IT WAS 50 degrees last night... -Allan

the only variety that we have producing very well is a white black beauty shaped eggplant. I'll have to look where the seed came from. We also have
Thai eggplant doing better than average. But the half dozen other varieties are slow to disappointing.