market-farming - [Market-farming] Dehydrating?

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: tonitime AT juno.com
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Dehydrating?
  • Date: Sat, 21 Aug 2004 19:36:13 -0400

Hi All,
I am wondering if any of you have ever built or seen plans for a
homemade, semi-large scale dehydrator? I am thinking of a thing that may
be solar, in that it could be coated black where needed for heat with a
solar-powered fan for the air flow. Have you seen such a thing before?
We cannot purchase any sort of larger industrial type dehydrators, so am
thinking ahead for next year's drying. I hav had a few of the types for
home drying, but am thinking bigger for tomatoes, berries, onions, and
garlics to sell and store.
Thanks,
Toni in KY

Surf the Web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!