market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Solar dehydrators

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Allan Balliett <igg AT igg.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Solar dehydrators
  • Date: Sun, 22 Aug 2004 21:12:17 -0400

We have a solar dryer that is a closed cupboard on high legs. Below and extending from the cupboard is what appears to be a short playground slide. is actually a 2inch container 2.5ft wide that is covered with plate glass, closed at the bottom and open at the top, inside the cupboard. The cupboard is filled with wire basket trays and has a chimney on top. The chimney draws the warm air through the trays and, well, frankly, ours if broken and I've never used it. If anyone SHOULD find plans for this particular type of dryer, I'd like to see them. It might help me in making repairs!! -Allan