market-farming - [Market-farming] Re: Johnny's precision seeder

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Roger Weeks <rjweeks70 AT comcast.net>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Re: Johnny's precision seeder
  • Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2004 10:52:43 -0700

I have the 4-row precision seeder from Johnny's.
It does not give the kind of wide band of seeds that Allison describes. Rather, it puts seeds every inch or so. It's good for radishes, herbs, brassicas.

Things it's not good for are irregularly shaped or very small seeds. Most lettuces I found just fall through. You'd have to have pelleted carrot or lettuce seeds for it to work well. In those cases I imagine it would be really good for baby carrots.

Roger Weeks

Have you folks tried the coleman seeder?
(precision seeder from Johnnys) Didnt give you the 'handfuls' that
you want?