market-farming - RE: [Market-farming] Mesclun Article in Growing for Market

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Allan Balliett <igg AT igg.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [Market-farming] Mesclun Article in Growing for Market
  • Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2004 11:02:37 -0400

Thanks for this info, Alison -Allan

> ----------
From: Allan Balliett[SMTP:igg AT igg.com]

Yes, once I got past a 'furrow' actually not being a 'furrow' and
being (plastic) tire tracks instead, well, now it makes PERFECT
sense. Too bad I didn't arrive at that image all by myself!

Another question for everyone: Have you found an 'easier' way of
applying bands of seed than doing it by hand?

And, another for Allison - Have you folks tried the coleman seeder?
(precision seeder from Johnnys) Didnt give you the 'handfuls' that
you want?

Haven't used it, but looked at some seeding by it, and yes, not the
handfuls, and also a nightmare to weed - and we have a lot of grass in
summer growing. But, it might work fine for other operations.
And... what spacing/gpm drip are you using in your beds?
We're using 12" spacing for everything we grow rather than try to keep track
of different drip tape for different crops.

Alison

Thanks, much, Allan