market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Re: Johnny's precision seeder

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Petersons family <petersns AT whidbey.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Re: Johnny's precision seeder
  • Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2004 07:21:18 -0700

I need to know more about how to use the 4-row precision seeder - I've never gotten it to successfully roll along evenly through the soil. Somehow my soil and its wheels don't work together. Do you have cake-flower fine soil? Do you tamp it down before seeding? I guess what I need, is info on how you prepare the seed bed before using that particular seeder.
Molly Petersons
Whidbey Island
Washington State