market-farming - [Market-farming] Greenhouse Vent Linkage

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Allan Balliett <igg AT igg.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Greenhouse Vent Linkage
  • Date: Sat, 19 Jun 2004 12:16:51 -0400

We put some of those large aluminum vents in our hoophouse this season. We do not use a motorized fan. I planned to open the vents with thermostats.

What I am lacking to do this is some sort of linkage that joins the two rows of vents and will connect to the thermostat arm.

This seems like it w.b. necessary and common stuff, but I can't find such a linkage listed in any greenhouse catalogs I have and my attempts (such as they are!) to fabricate a linkage have been dismal. I am afraid of damaging the vents if I keep trying new things out.

HELP!

_Allan