market-farming - [Market-farming] Cedar tea for aphid control

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Courtney McLeod" <herbthyme AT simcon.net>
  • To: <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Cedar tea for aphid control
  • Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2004 18:55:21 -0400

Does anyone have any experience with cedar tea used to kill off aphids?  I have been told about making a tea with cedar chips and then using that as the spray.  Then taking what you strained from the tea and spreading that down around the plant on top of the soil.  I love the idea of it but does it really work?  I have had a terrible time with aphids and still am having a time with them.  I just can't seem to get rid of them and it has really hampered my crops this year.

Courtney

Herb Thyme

Middlefield, Ohio