market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Cedar tea for aphid control

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "TxBeeFarmer" <TxBeeFarmer AT HotPop.com>
  • To: <herbthyme AT simcon.net>, "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Cedar tea for aphid control
  • Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2004 18:40:03 -0500

Guess when I think of aphids, I think of Lady Bugs.  Any luck with them?  The most effective bug killer I know of is plain old soapy water.  There are some variations to just water and soap, but the principle is the same.  When soap is added, the water looses it's surface tension and makes it "cling" to objects.  Since bugs breath from small openings along their bodies, they drown.  Sorry I don't know about the tea.

(West Texas) Mark