market-farming - [Market-farming] lady bugs (or that insect that looks a lot like them)

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Leigh Hauter <lh AT pressroom.com>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Market-farming] lady bugs (or that insect that looks a lot like them)
  • Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2004 16:55:38 -0400

we don't have aphids thanks to the usda spraying lady bugs on the forest around us so they eat an insect that kills pines. The drawback is that the ladybugs winter in the walls of our house. Tens of thousands of lady bugs, and every sunny winter day hundreds and hundreds of them on our windows. in your food,, flying through the living room air. Lady bugs do not taste good. You learn to keep your mouth shut and examine your food before you eat. We have come to dislike the creatures and vacuum them up by the thousands.
--

Leigh Hauter

http://www.bullrunfarm.com