market-farming - [Market-farming] Re: Business Plans

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Marcie A. Rosenzweig" <fullcircle AT jps.net>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Re: Business Plans
  • Date: Sun, 09 May 2004 08:56:55 -0700

Hi Folks,

Your local Small Business Development Centers will provide you with a
counselor to help you through the business planning process. FREE to you.
These are partnerships between the US Small Business Administration and a
local entity - frequently a community college or economic development
council.

Find on in your area off the SBA website at
www.sba.gov/gopher/Local-Information/Small-Business-Development-Centers/

These are the folks who do the NxLevel courses. Not all NxLevel trainers are
ag savvy but they may have ag resources (people) you can talk to.

In my spare time (ha ha) I work with our local SBDC helping ag folks. I was
certified as a NxLevel trainer but have developed a different course for
agriculture through my FACTS partnership.

Another resources is the SARE supported business plan workbook on the MISA
site "Building a Sustainable Business: A Guide to Developing a Business Plan
for Farms and Rural Businesses" can be found at
http://www.misa.umn.edu/publications/bizplan.html

I was working on a book on business planning for small farms and ranches
until this came out I've put it on hold for a while to see if it's needed.
I'm considering an interactive web course with a virtual class held by chat
at a set time each week. Would you folks be interested in something like
that?

Marcie