market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] pumpkins and squash in the corn

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Allan Balliett <igg AT igg.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] pumpkins and squash in the corn
  • Date: Mon, 10 May 2004 11:42:53 -0400

Cornell publishes a THREE SISTERS GARDEN book(let) I do not have mine handy BUT, I remember that every4th mound got pumpkin/squash and the mounds were 4ft apart s-o-o-o-o-o I gess you want to put 15 ft or so between squash plantings. Also remember (not that you asked) beans get planted THREE weeks after corn for the 3 sisters combo

Regards to the list:

When you plant pumpkins and squash in the corn, do you put it in the row
with the corn or between the rows? What is the spacing for the
squashes? Where can I find more about this?

Marie in Missouri