market-farming - [Market-farming] organic seeds

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Sean Albiston" <lab AT physics.umn.edu>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] organic seeds
  • Date: Wed, 5 May 2004 14:58:07 -0500

The use of organic seeds supports the entire organic industry from the
ground up. If you want the best possible soils everywhere, not just your
farm or backyard, we all need to embrace the good that is out there.
Organic seeds are part of the NOP because they came from organic farms and
greenhouses, the very thing NOP certified producers try to attain
themselves. Non-organic seeds from reputable seed companies are generally
high quality, however, the seeds could be produced in a non-sustainable way.
Saying my soil is fine is one thing, but turning your back on societies
soils is short sighted.

sean albiston