market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Potato diggers

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Willie McKemie <mf AT austinfarm.org>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Potato diggers
  • Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2004 14:00:39 -0500

On Fri, Apr 23, 2004 at 11:40:36AM -0700, pwors AT svn.net wrote:

> > BTW, I have an interest (part ownership) in a small PTO powered
> > digger; it has proven unsatisfactory for my needs.
>

> I'm looking for a small pto driven potato digger, and I'd be interested in
> your experience, problems you've had with yours, what make, etc.
>
> Thanks- Peter

It is a Willsie (http://www.willsie.com). The problem with it is that
vegetation packs between the implement and the 3-pt lift arms. To work
well, the potato field has to be almost vegetation free. Of both weeds
and potato vines. One might be able to construct shields to divert the
vegetation, but none of we owners have bothered with it. I'm SURE we
can be persuaded to sell it.

I just took some photos of the digger and my middle buster potato plow;
I will upload them and post the URL later this evening. Both
implements are partially obscured by weeds.

--
Willie, ONWARD! Through the fog!
Are YOU an html abuser? http://www.expita.com/nomime.html