market-farming - [Market-farming] Re: Mushroom Compost

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: rjweeks70 AT comcast.net
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Re: Mushroom Compost
  • Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2004 18:54:23 +0000

Most full-size pickup trucks can hold a cubic yard of dirt/compost, and
that's the max unless you've got a beefed-up suspension or a heavy-duty truck
designed for bigger loads.

So 12 yards at $40 per would run you $480. $275 seems like a good deal
delivered compared to 12 truckloads you have to go get yourself. Of course
it's all relative apparently to how close there are mushroom operations to
you.

Speaking of mushroom compost, does anyone know (generally) what kind of
nutrients it provides? Seems like it would be mostly nitrogen, but I'm not
clear on that.

Roger Weeks