market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Need tiller recommendations

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "freshfromtheoven" <mcarter3 AT rochester.rr.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Need tiller recommendations
  • Date: Sun, 18 Apr 2004 21:56:35 -0400

I have a BCS and I love it. I am not well muscled and am a woman so I need
a tiller that does the work for me. My BCS is a dream and goes up and down
the rows with one hand guiding it. I took it to a John Deere dealer to
service it as I could not find a BCS dealer locally and he said I had the
cream of the crop and best there was. The replacement tines were not easy
to replace so I had them do it. $118. My clutch need to be replaced also
as I left it out in the rain too much and it rusted. Tiller is 7 years
old. I would not trade it for the world. I do about 1500 feet of
pereinnals with it and same of annuals. Takes me about three hours to do a
great job.